Tuesday, February 14, 2006

We're Home!

We arrived home late yesterday afternoon, excited, exhausted, and glad to be home. E visited with her sisters, took a much-needed shower, visited some more, then burrowed under her covers, a big smile on her face.

She slept through the night, and awoke perky and hungry. Breakfast included eight buttered saltines, and an entire kiwi fruit. That's my girl.

The incision looks great, though it's rather Frankensteinish. Beginning at the top of her forehead, it curves off to the left, following the outer edge of her face, and ending just below the left ear.

E looks at the incision in the mirror after each bathroom break. I figure it must freak her out a bit. So, when I find her looking, I give her the chance to talk about it. So far so good.

I still can't believe E's home so soon, and doing so well. I said it before and will say it again. I'm awed and humbled.

2 comments:

Chris Barton said...

What wonderful news, Kim -- I'm so happy for you all. Congratulations to E and the rest of you for getting through it.

Carol said...

That everything went well is so good to hear!