Monday, February 06, 2006

Leaving Tomorrow

The lead surgeon's office suggested we stay downtown tomorrow night prior to surgery. The idea makes sense on several different levels.

1. Staying at Ronald McDonald House the night before surgery will allow us to do the last-minute blood work on site, avoiding the inevitable delays getting results from an outside lab.
2. We won't have to get up at o-dark thirty to beat the morning rush into the city in order to get to the hospital on time for the 6 o'clock check in.
3. E will be able to get a good night's sleep.
4. Everyone will feel less rushed.

We're to call Ronald McDonald House at 9 a.m. tomorrow to see if they have room for us. We're on the list but there's no guarantee. My fingers are crossed they'll have something. I much prefer a real bed to the 24/7 bells, alarms, and commotion of Peds ICU.

No comments: