Monday, January 14, 2008

Garlic, Holy Water, and O'Dark Thirty BIC Time

An unexpected call from the high school this morning cut my BIC time short. Turns out, E was running a fever and wilting in the nurse's office. I'd be crabby about this turn of events if I hadn't already done my two pages for the day during o'dark thirty BIC time . I need to remember this fact next time I'm tempted to reset the alarm clock after it rings at 5 a.m. By the way, word at the high school is that students and staff are dropping like flies. E's symptoms, like those of many of her classmates, include cough, fever, aches, sore throat, and general malaise. Did I mention the illness is similar to the one that broad-sided P this weekend? Time to dig trenches, find the quarantine tape, and stock up on vitamin C, garlic and holy water. Edited 7:10 p.m.

No comments: