Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Muckraking on the Writer's Front and Other Flotsam and Jetsam

On the home front: Our Friday visit to Shriner's Hospital went well. Felt like a luxury chatting with a physician on such relaxed terms, probably because we weren't in our usual "emergency" mode.

Bottom line: I like Dr. L. She engaged E in conversation, encouraged questions, and took the time we both needed to feel comfortable with her answers.

Another plus: She's on staff at Children's Memorial, which means she's an automatic member of E's team, ready to be called to bat if and when we need her.

On the writer's front: Heavy into revisions of my latest version of KM. Managed to keep writing a priority last week, despite E's illness for the majority of it, and her full-day's visit to Shriner's.

Number of pages written last week: 30-something. (I wish I could say all of them are editor ready. If I did, it'd be a lie.)

My process works something like this: write 30 pages, and, if my characters cooperate (and the planets align just right), get 6-10 critique group worthy pages out of it by the time I rake through the muck.

On today's agenda: Finish shoveling the car out of the drive and stop by the library to pick up books 8 and 9 of Darren Shan's Cirque du Freak series.

No comments: