Monday, January 28, 2008

Three Days and Counting Until Make-a-Wish Trip to Meet Teen Idol Zac Efron

E was flying high today as she boarded the bus to school. Who wouldn't be in her position? Thinking back to my teen days I was nearly disfunctional after the WLS Radio van drove up to my girlfriend's house saying we'd won a chance to meet the Osmonds before a Chicago area concert. Even with a whole room of people and less than a minute's time to stand next to Donny and Marie and get picture proof that it all happened, I was in heaven. E will be one of only three Wish children to have an audience with her heartthrob. I can imagine how she must be feeling. 35 years later I still remember the way my heart raced when Donny kissed my cheek.

More later. Time to head to the vet with E's service dog to get her health certificate so she can fly.

No comments: