Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Attention All Channelers: Storyboarding Technique a Winner

Are you a channeler? If you--like me--follow a whisper, image, or line of dialogue for reams of paper before discovering your story, surf on over to Jo Knowles' March 27th entry. In it, she details a storyboarding technique used by Carolyn Coman when drafting a novel.

Looks like a winning technique for this intuitive writer's toolbox. I'll report back later after I try it out.

Current read: The Seeing Stone by Kevin Crossley-Holland, a fresh retelling of the Arthurian legend recommended by J, a fellow crit group member and fantasy fan.

On deck: In search of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, reviewed recently by Cynthia Leitich Smith on her weblog, Cynsations.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Kim,
I enjoyed your yoga posts. I am trying to do something meditative in the mornings, either yoga, stretches or other meditative techniques. I am a wanderer though.

Kim Winters said...

Turns out wandering is part of the process. Even the great yogis admit that they are not always focused in the moment--that their minds, too, drift onto worldly things.