Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Writing, Yoga, and Winnie-the-Pooh Wannabees

My quest to make peace with my writing process as we face E's on-going health problems has led me to some unexpected places.

In addition to creating Writer's Resolutions for the New Year, I'm practicing yoga three times a week, feeling the ache of hundreds of muscles neglected for far too long, discovering an inner quiet (which my muse appreciates), and finding solace and inspiration from writers willing to share their own creative process.

Author Cynthia Leitich Smith recently spotlighted one such writer, author Uma Krishnaswami. Uma launched a new blog, Writing with a Broken Tusk: A Blog about the Writing Process and the Creation of Books for Children.

Looks promising for this and other Pooh Wannabees.

No comments: