Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Vampires for My Birthday...What More Can a Writer Ask for?


Normally, I need a lot of prodding from P to produce a birthday wish list so he can guide the girls in the right direction when he takes them shopping. This year I knew exactly what I wanted, thanks to this post on Spookcyn from Cynthia Leitich Smith.

Turns out my family took me seriously. This weekend, not only did I receive Issues 1 and 2 of the new Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight Comic Book Series (which is written by the very talented Joss Whedon and continues where the TV show left off), I'm the proud owner of The Watcher's Guide, Volume I.

Yes, I admit it. I am a Buffy geek, but in all seriousness, I've a more professional interest in the show/story/series, one that transcends my lifelong fascination with the supernatural.

Joss Whedon can write. For anyone serious about the craft, I highly recommend studying his technique. For smart, snappy dialogue, timing, pacing, character development, tension, world building, you name it, he's the go-to guy.

edited 9:48 a.m.

No comments: