Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm in Heaven--Or Hell--Depending on How You Read It

Three books arrived for me recently.

Two yesterday:


Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause.


Prom Nights From Hell featuring short stories by Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Stephenie Meyer and Lauren Myracle.




And one today:


Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith (a book I'm looking forward to sampling again).

What P said yesterday upon noticing the first two titles stacked on my desk:

"You read some really weird stuff."

This from a man who eagerly took a road trip to Columbus, Ohio, with his oldest daughter some years back in order to attend a special theater showing of all three Lord of the Rings movies that guaranteed attendees the privilege of seeing Return of the King one hour before its general release to the public.

Yep. Uh-huh. I rest my case. (But I do have to admit, for someone unaware of my-erm-tastes, my selection does tend toward the macabre, doesn't it?)

2 comments:

Carol B. said...

Kim--do you really like Stephenie Meyer's writing? I can't stomach it. CB

Kim Winters said...

Hi CB,

I enjoyed Twilight, especially Meyers' characterization of Edward. I found him strong, compelling, dangerous and mysterious. Kept me reading way past my bedtime.

Kim