Friday, September 29, 2006

Happy Dance, Writing and Bread Dough

Woohoo. I'm doing the happy dance here in my little corner of cyberspace. Why? The essay I submitted for Special Gifts: Women Writers on the Heartache, the Happiness and the Hope of Raising a Special Needs Child was accepted. According to the editor, only 35 stories were chosen.

The book will be published by Wyatt-MacKenzie, and sold in bookstores such as Barnes and Noble. The release date is May 2007.

The proposed cover looks fantastic. I'll post it here as soon as it's finalized. And, how's this for the benefits of working with a small press? I should have an ARC in hand by Christmas.

Next in line: My ghost story. I really need to put this one to bed soon. If not, I'll have to put it aside for the month of October. Why? Lauren Barnholdt's online writing the YA novel class starts Sunday, which means I'll have little or no time left to work on other projects.

Don't get me wrong. Allowing a story to percolate has its benefits. Writing, like bread dough, almost always seems to benefit from being allowed to rest during the process.

No comments: