Monday, September 18, 2006

Arrr! Talk Like a Pirate Day Tomorrow

Avast, me hearties, sharpen your sabers and synchronize your sun dials. Tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and since my ghost story-in-progress is about pirates and treasure, the day must be given it's proper due.

Most recent reads: Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras by Cathy Hopkins, Short & Shivery, Thirty Chilling Tales retold by Robert D. San Souci and Half Magic by Edward Eager, on loan from and highly recommended by fellow crit group member J. Thanks J for a great read!

Current read: Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich. Even with 20-plus copies in the library system, I've been on hold for this book for what feels like forever. Enjoying this newest Stephanie Plum adventure. I want to write like Evanovich when I grow up.

On deck: Archer's Quest by Linda Sue Park, Silly Sausage and the Spooks by Micheala Morgan, and Mercy Watson Fights Crime by Kate DiCamillo.

No comments: