Thursday, June 01, 2006

Page-Turners and Reading in Bed

I was working on KM for a submission to crit group late last week when my 18-year-old L strolled into the dining room.

"Mom, this book." I looked up from my laptop as she slapped a novel down on the table. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray.

So that's where the book ended up after I brought it home from the library. "What about it?"

"I never read in bed--I'm always too tired. But this book...it's the first one I've stayed up with in a long time." She slid the book my way. "You've got to read it."

"I plan to." As soon as I'm done with my current drop-everything-to-read-it book: Eoin Colfer's most recent Artemis Fowl book, The Opal Deception.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with your daughter Kim. Great book. Ya gotta read it! Even before Artemis Fowl, IMHO! :)

Jane