Friday, April 07, 2006

Terrified by the Idea of Pitching an Editor? Read this.

We writers are a fickle bunch. Given the challenge, we'll gladly write someone's way to freedom, and or spend months or longer holding our character's hand as she journeys there and back again. Put us in a room with an editor willing to hear our pitch, however, and many of us make ourselves sick at the prospect. Not because we don't want to be there, but because given the choice, most writers I know (including yours truly) would rather observe the center of attention than be it.

So, what's a writer to do if given the opportunity to pitch an editor? Tor editor Anna Genoese demystifies the process in her online journal entry here.

Appetite for writing: Munchy. Working on an author interview, a couple of articles, a little of this and a little of that while nursing a twisted ankle (which may actually be broken.)

I fell this am while heading into yoga. The cracking sound I heard when I went down was either my foot or the scrape of my shoe against the sidewalk. Judging by the pain I'm experiencing six hours later, I'm betting it's not a bad sprain.

Headed to Quick Care after the girls get home. Hoping I won't spend the rest of my birthday hobbling around on a cast.

Edited to add: It's broken. Two places, maybe a third.

3 comments:

Chris Barton said...

Ouch! So sorry about your foot. I've long been suspicious about the benefits of yoga, and this just confirms my doubts.

I hope you're on the mend soon!

Giff said...

awwwwwwww sorry to hear about your foot.....

Giff said...

sorry to hear about your foot