Thursday, May 03, 2007

Retreat Report


The retreat was awesome. Twenty of us attended, all in different places in our writing lives, most everyone seeking uninterrupted time to connect, discuss craft, and write.

The Cenacle retreat center was an excellent choice. Run by the Cenacle Sisters, the center offers groups and individuals opportunities for community, communion with spirit, inner reflection, most anything the personal journey requires.

Located along a tree-lined street in the heart of Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood, we were walking distance from Starbucks, Lincoln Park Zoo, and Lake Michigan. The food was tasty, the company delicious, and the price was right...a fraction of the cost of Vermont College, yet the weekend left me feeling invigorated, energized, and inspired, in much the same way I felt after returning home from a residency at VC.

Writing wise, my muse must have loved the set up. On Saturday alone I wrote 10 new pages for KM.

On my must-do-again-soon list: booking a room at the center for myself (they even offer very reasonable day rates) in a couple or three months. The price is right, and the benefits to my muse immeasurable.

No comments: