Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Writer's Retreat in the Woods


Wowsza! My fingers and toes are crossed that my registration arrives in time to make the short list for this SCBWI-Illinois writer's retreat. Space is limited to 48 attendees.

The lucky few will have the chance to spend a weekend with:

Holly Black
Author of Spiderwick Chronicles (coming to theaters near you) and the young adult novels: Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside.

Barry Goldblatt
Agent Extraordinaire from BG Literary Company representing such authors as Holly Black and Libba Bray.

Namrata Tripathi
Editor from Hyperion Publishing, a house closed to unsolicited submissions, but open for a limited time for conference attendees.

Be still my writer's heart. It's conferences like this one that remind me why I'm proud to be a member of the SCBWI Illinois chapter.

No comments: