Friday, November 02, 2007

Countdown to Prairie Writer's Day...and E is Sick

Lovely. The final countdown to SCBWI-Illinois' Prairie Writer's Day is upon us, and E decides to get sick. I know, I know, it's not her fault the bugs decided to party down today of all days. Sigh. Thank goodness, I tied up all the major loose ends before midnight. (At least I think I did.) *knocks on wood* Hear that loose ends? You're tied. Now stay that way.

On tap for the rest of the day:

1. Ministering to E.
2. Butt in chair time with the goal of writing two more pages of KM. (Two pages a day is all I ever ask of my muse. It's doable and realistic, and given the state of the household today I'll be thrilled to make the minimum.)
3. Fact sheet prep for tomorrow's conference. (An easy one.)
4. Packing. Laundry's done, so that's a plus, but I haven't yet located my suitcase. Looking forward to an overnight. I'll be staying at a hotel near Dominican University tonight so I don't need to get up at o'dark-thirty to be fresh enough to drive a group of agents/editors there in the morning. Wish me luck.