Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Crazy Week, Fourth of July, and Family Stories


Pressed send recently on the last of my submissions to critique group before we meet Thursday. I'm encouraged that thanks to my Summer Writing Experiment, I continue to make forward progress on KM. (I've logged some 75 pages since beginning this summer's o-dark thirty writing routine.) The finalized chapters are churning out slower than that, but the key here is that the progress is positive.

Finishing up loose ends this morning before we leave to visit my relatives for the Fourth. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and, more importantly, staying long enough in one place to have a more substantive visit than, "So, how have you been? How are your kids doing? What have you been up to?" No stories in those answers, just hints of stories that you might explore if you only had the time.

Happy Fourth of July.

No comments: