Friday, December 29, 2006

Should Have Knocked on Wood

I'm not an overly superstitious person, but I avoid walking under ladders and bless people after they sneeze. Which is why I probably should have knocked on wood after writing my last post. While working on the entry in question, P was helping our younger girls, E and S, wrap presents in the living room. Someone was coughing at the time. I assumed S was the guilty party because she's been coughing all week. I didn't connect the hacking with E until P brushed past S, commented that she was quite warm, and then decided he should take her temperature. That's when I realized E had been the noisy one (which is never a good sign because coughing is usually means she has a fever.) Turns out, my intuition was spot on. E's sick now, too...just in time for New Year's.:(

No comments: