Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Crit Group Day and Jewel Report

We've been trading spring colds back and forth at our house for the last couple of weeks or so. My youngest S is the latest victim. Poor thing was a wreck earlier this week, but her cough's finally under control, and she's back at school. Good timing because critique group's today.

My fingers are crossed S makes it the whole day because I need specific feedback to confirm whether or not I'm headed in the right direction with my piece. Here's hoping I don't need to leave early.

Bum foot report: The podiatrist says my foot's doing great, but since I no longer have the constitution of an 18-year-old, I should expect to wear the boot the full six weeks. Bummer. At least there's no snow on the ground.

Jewel report: Because of illness and scheduling problem's, Jewel didn't stay with us this past weekend; so, she's visiting with us this week. We took her home Monday after the training session. Shortly after E and I arrived that night, Jack released Jewel from her kennel. Jewel stepped out and sat, her eyes bright, her tail thumping the hardwood floor.

"Jew-wel," E called. "Jewel come." Jewel bounded across the gym floor, wagging her entire body, and slid to a halt with plenty of clearance.

E hugged Jewel. Jewel kissed E. Judging by the number of hugs and kisses passed between the two, both were thrilled to see each other.

No comments: