Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'd Rather Be Writing, Part 2

Okay. So, the drive downtown took nearly two hours thanks to the overnight snowstorm. It should have taken 45. We managed to make it to the Dr's office with 10 minutes to spare.

Bottom line: the blood work looked fine. Dr. L wants E to have an outpatient procedure done over Christmas break for another developing issue. We need to follow up with the Johns Hopkins folks for possible surgery there. Stopping now because I'm already sounding too much like a Merry Medical Christmas letter.

E seems to take all these tests and procedures in strides. "What doctor are we seeing now, Mom?" she often asks on the way to our next appointment. As for me, I'd be lying if I claimed to be used to it all. Like I said yesterday, I'd rather be writing.

No comments: